I think the new Let It Snow stamps and dies are gorgeous – I mean, just look at that Let It Snow die-cut text!
I really wanted to create a scene with the die cut sentiment at the top, so I knew it had to be a slim card to fit it all in there.
I started by cutting the large scallop rectangle from Window Dressing three times, twice from white and once from blue. Using the blue and one of the white pieces I glued together one of the short edges to create a card base. For the last white one I cut out the center using the plain rectangle from the same die set, creating a frame for my scene. I glued the frame to the blue piece of the card base, leaving the top unglued so I could stick in my trees and then glue it down.
Using the white piece that was left over from the frame, I cut three sections using the Landscape Trio dies. This meant they fit perfectly inside the frame as I layered them up after adding a bit of ink blending to the bottoms of each snowy hill. When I glued them down, I made sure to leave a little bit at the tops of the hills unglued, so I could stick in my colored images if I wanted to, like I did with the trees.
I stamped, colored and cut out the images from Let It Snow, making sure to have plenty of leaves for my trees. I glued down the three trees and added leaves to all the tiny branches, then added the penguin and snowmen on the three different snowy hill sections.
For the sentiment, I cut out the Let It Snow scripty sentiment three times from white and once from silver glitter cardstock, then glued them all together to make a thicker sentiment that would stand out more. Then I cut out two pieces of the Ribbon Banner, the entire banner and the main section of the banner. I curved the smaller sentiment stamp from Let It Snow on my block to make it fit the main banner piece and stamped it on it before gluing it to the full banner.
One of the fun things when using the ribbon banner is making it look like it wraps around something. To make this happen, I glued down the Let It Snow sentiment – except the W in snow. This meant I could slide the right ribbon banner end under the W, add the rest of the banner over the S using foam squares, and then glue down the left banner end.