Totally in love with this puppy tree – and I don’t even like dogs that much!
I love these big images, partially because they make one layer cards so easy (and they’re totally cute)
For my card today I did just that – a one layer scene! Like normal, I started off creating all my masks, which is only 6: The tennis ball, the Christmas socks, the fish bowl, small gift stack, and of course the puppy tree. Seven if you count the masking tape I used to mask off the frame.
I always start my stamping off on a piece of scrap paper – this makes it easier to plan in which order the images should be stamped, and where they should be stamped.
For this card I stamped in 5 different “layers”, masking between each one. Remember, you only need to mask the images where you’re going to be stamping on top.
- The two balls, from Pretend Play and Little Elf Agenda.
- The Puppy Tree, from Oh Puppy Tree.
- This is where it gets a bit complicated, feel free to split this step up, but all the images should fit in your stamp platform.
- Christmas tree from Cozy Christmas
- Train and car from Little Elf Agenda
- Gift stack and Elephant ornament from Oh Puppy Tree
- First sock from Merry Mantle
- Fish bowl from The Penguin’s Waddle
- The frame from Little Agenda Frames and the second sock.
- The fireplace from Merry Mantle and the Dog from Circle of Friends.
The rest of the scene I drew in with a Copic safe pen. To draw in the banner at the top, I created a template using the new Sentiment Flags. I drew in the bricks using one of my brick stencils.
Then all that’s left to do is coloring it in and adding the sentiment from Oh Puppy Tree – or you could give it without coloring, letting the recipient color it in themselves.
Supplies | Mama Elephant
- Oh Puppy Tree Stamps & Dies
- Sentiment Flags Creative Cuts (Free Promo September 2019)
- The Penguin’s Waddle Stamps & Dies
- Circle of Friends Stamps & Dies
- Cozy Christmas Stamps & Dies
- Stamps & Dies
- Little Agenda Frames Stamps & Dies
- Pretend Play Stamps & Dies
- Little Elf Agenda Stamps & Dies
LEAVE A COMMENT