Today the Mama Elephant design team is highlighting the totally adorable Little Mermaiden Agenda – and I am so happy to be allowed to join in once again!
Anyone who scrolls down my Instagram feed might quickly realise I love my Little Agenda sets, so I was sooo happy when I saw these adorable mermaidens – especially as I am from Denmark, arguably the home of the little mermaid.
For the highlight, I chose to create some cute little spinner tags, focusing on the Little Mermaidens with mirror images (or very close). When I had numbered all the images in my stamp set going left to right for each row, these were number 1+5, 2+13 and 8+8.
So I started my project by stamping these images, number 8 twice, and colored them using my Copics – very much inspired by Disney’s Little Mermaid. Then I simply had to use the matching dies to cut them out – This makes making spinners very easy.
While all the images might not match 100%, it’s so close I don’t mind the difference. If you do, you could use the mirror image stamping technique instead.
To make them little spinners, I glued a thin silver string in between the two matching images.
For my tags I used the tag from the Basic Set dies, and the circle from the Winter Taggins dies to cut out a little window for the spinner. Remember to cut two tags for each, where the windows match up when placed back to back.
For the front tag I used the new Making Waves Cover die as a stencil – I cut each of the waves apart so I had 4 mini stencils, each with a different wave pattern. Then it was easy to switch between the different waves as I ink blended my way up the tags.
I used the following distress oxide ink colors for my tags: Broken China, Cracked Pistachio and Peacock Feathers.
To make the waves stand out a bit more, I used a white gel pen to make highlights on the top of the little waves.
For the sentiments I used the Mini Everyday Messages, also from the new April Release, and heat embossed them in silver over my waves.
When putting together the spinner, I simply adhered the little silver strings to the back of the front tag, making sure my image was centered in the window, and then I just needed to add the extra tag to the back in order to hide the adhesive.